The Partnership for Academic Competition Excellence (PACE) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, volunteer alliance of advocates and organizers for the game of high school quizbowl and related scholastic competitions.
PACE has many objectives:
- to promote and encourage the growth of quality high school academic tournaments around the country,
- to provide guidance or assistance to colleges or high schools that wish to organize academic tournaments,
- to encourage innovation and creativity in academic competition,
- to establish visibility for college quizbowl programs that run high school tournaments,
- to foster cooperation among college and high school quizbowl programs in preparation for upcoming regional, state, or national tournaments,
- to encourage quizbowl teams to participate in tournaments across the country prior to regional, state, or national championships,
- to promote adequate opportunities for all teams to practice, compete, and socialize among other fellow competitors,
- to produce the question set for and run the National Scholastic Championship each year.